Sunday, March 26, 2017

May 2016 Update

Friends and Family,



Wow! What a month May has been and now it looks as if June is shaping up to be another big one!



For one, my Kickstarter ends today and although I only reached 19% of my funded goal I will continue working towards self publishing my children's book no matter what! I am not discouraged only more ready to make this happen. I want to personally thank each and every one of my family and friends who backed my project and believed in me. I can't express to them enough how much I appreciate the support.



I also had a great success with my art showing at One Draw Two and spending my time finding frames to personalize and neatly display my work. Actually, I'm kinda addicted to the thrift store frame section right now.



A new project I'm happy to share about is for Voices 4 Animals and Children where I will be creating illustrations for a book the founder of this organization is writing. It is backed by UNICEF and the UN and will focus on teaching children about healthy eating, plant based diets and protecting the planet and animals, I was contacted by them based on my passion for art, animals and nature. You can check out their website below for more information about the organization.

Voices 4 Animals and Children



Since I have so much work I've framed, I have secured a booth at the First Friday Milwaukie on June 3rd. This will be my first time selling as a vendor and I'm SUPER excited to share my art with my community and become more involved with the local art scene in my hometown. The event is free and family friendly. If your in town stop by and say hi from 5-9pm, There will be live music, food and lots of local artisans.

First Friday Art Walk Milwaukie



Another project will fire up in June that I'm stoked about as I've been contracted to illustrate a 15 page children's book.



My plate is definitely FULL but so is my heart being able to do what I love and forge my own way in this world as an artist. It's not an easy thing to do but it's what I've been preparing for my entire life.



Thank you all again for the support and encouragement of my art. Each like on a picture or post, every nice comment and share makes a difference. Without art life would just be boring, right?



Much love and gratitude,

LeeAnne Gibney



No comments:

Post a Comment